This past week we launched our Niche Local Survey, where users can review the areas surrounding where they live and work. The survey asks users questions about public services, popular hangouts, and more. We have over 35 million reviews and opinions from everyday experts on colleges and K-12 schools. With the Local survey, this number will continue growing to provide insight and analysis on states, towns, and neighborhoods.
In addition to working on the Local Survey launch, here’s what we read and talked about this week:
- Since we’re located in Pittsburgh, this Slate article on Pennsylvania linguistics had us feeling nebby.
- These choropleth maps of the American population by ethnicity are fascinating.
- FiveThirtyEight highlighted the economic inequalities between colleges and the towns they reside in.
- According to Business Insider, $1 million will get you this much real estate square footage.
- To tweet or not to tweet? Data from SurePayroll and Ghergich & Co says these are the best times for social media.